Current Student Resources

Jump to a Section

Obtaining a Permission Number

Students should email their requests to Requests must include written consent from the instructor of the course the student wishes to enroll in.

Emailed requests must contain the following:

  1. The course number "ELEC_ENG/COMP_ENG/EECS __" and the phrase "permission number" in the subject line (this will be automatic if you click on the email address above).
  2. Your full name.
  3. Major and level (e.g. freshman, sophomore, etc.).
  4. Instructor's name.
  5. Your phone number (not required but useful to us if your email bounces back).

(Special note for "instructor consent" courses: Students must speak with the professor listed in CAESAR before requesting a permission number.)

Return to Top

Enrollment/Degree Verification

For more information, see the Registrar's Enrollment Verification website.

Return to Top

Questions about Curriculum, Plan of Study, Prerequisites, Course Requirements

Undergraduate students should contact Prof. Russ Joseph (CE) or Prof. Ying Wu (EE). Master's students should contact either Prof. David Zaretsky or the ECE Graduate Affairs Office. PhD students should contact their advisor, Prof. Randy Freeman, Prof. Qi Zhu, or the ECE Graduate Affairs Office.  


Return to Top

Upcoming Master's Thesis defense, PhD Prospectus, or phd Final Defense

You'll need to complete the Examination Request Form a few weeks in advance. Also, be sure to check in with the ECE Graduate Student Affairs Office personnel in Tech L359 (phone: 847-467-2165) for specific requirements, and make sure your adviser knows what your plans are. Read the appropriate sections of the CE Graduate Study Manual and EE Graduate Study Manual for pertinent information.

Return to Top

Student Lab Hostnames

Get a list of student lab hostnames.

Return to Top

Textbooks for TAS

See Catherine Healey in Tech L359, or email

Return to Top

Having a Course Petition Signed

Contact Prof. Randy Freeman -

Return to Top

Confirmation Letter for VISA Renewal or to Travel

Please stop by Tech L359 or email ECE Graduate Student Affairs Office.

Return to Top

TGS English Language Programs

Phone: 847-491-5776
Address: 2016 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208-409

Return to Top

Printing Large Posters

You have the following options:

Return to Top

Overloading and Underloading Classes

If you are an undergrad and would only like to take two classes (underload) or more than six classes (overload) in any given quarter, please contact Joseph Holtgreive.

Return to Top

Travel Reimbursement Procedures

Learn more about travel receipts and the university's reimbursement policy. This includes transportation, lodging, conference registration, and meals.