Research / Areas of ResearchBiomaterials
This very diverse group includes highly hierarchical biological materials, such as bone, biomimetic/bio-inspired synthetic materials, and materials used in applications where the contact with patient tissue is critical.
- Investigating nano-structured hydrogels for applications ranging from regenerative medicine to cancer therapy
- Designing biodegradable polymer scaffolds for tissue engineering
- Bioengineering single crystal deposition by cells
- Addressing the complex biological processing and mechanical properties of bone, teeth, and porous scaffolds
- Developing breakthrough approaches to interfacial adhesion under wet and dry conditions, biofouling, and hybrid (i.e. hard-soft, synthetic- biological) materials at different length scales