Graduate StudyStudent Awards
Recent Achievements and Awards
- Tiffany Ling and Pinzhi Liu received the Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers Surface Engineering Best Paper Award.
- Yan Man, the co-founder of MeterGenius, won the $10,000 Illinois Clean Energy Student Challenge and the $25,000 McCaffrey Interest Prize at the Midwest Regional Clean Energy Challenge. The company recently received a $50,000 Arch Grant and moved to St. Louis.
- Matt Ford, Newell Moser, and Katie Fitzsimons received NSF Graduate Research Fellowships.
- Joseph Schaefer received the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Graduate Teaching Fellowship.
- Hongyi Xu received the ASME Design Automation Conference Best Paper Award.
- Ying Li received the Outstanding Researcher Award from the International Institute for Nanotechnology.
ME Department Graduate Leadership and Service Award
- 2013 Recipient: James Magargee
- 2012 Recipients: Lauren Miller and Michael Roenbeck
- 2011 Recipient: Aaron Stebner
- 2010 Recipient: Yan Zhu
- 2009 Recipient: Robert Lam
- 2008 Recipient: Tiffany Davis
- 2007 Recipient: Laura E. Winfield