Undergraduate StudyStudent Organizations
The organizations below are specific to our department. Please visit the McCormick student organizations page for a comprehensive list of McCormick students groups and professional societies.
MatSci Club serves the interests of materials science and engineering students and students in other majors with an interest in materials by organizing educational and social events, activity fairs, and outreach events. Membership is free.
Subscribe to the MSCLUB listserv
Please do the following to subscribe:
- The SUBSCRIBE command allows you to add yourself to a list.
- Send a plain text email to firstname.lastname@example.org without any subject line.
- Type the following command in the message: SUBSCRIBE MSCLUB Firstname Lastname
Material Advantage provides a single low-cost membership ($25) that provides access to the materials science and engineering professional's most preeminent societies:
- The American Ceramic Society (ACerS)
- Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST)
- ASM International
- The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
These professional societies have gathered all available resources to help students find financial assistance. Nearly $600,000 in scholarships and grants is available through societies, chapters, and foundations. Travel grants, paging opportunities, and reduced meeting rates are also available. Each society also has an online career center to help students find job and internship opportunities.
In addition to other benefits, student members are eligible for the publications included with individual membership in each society. Student members can also purchase archival journals and other publications from each society at special student rates.