Faculty DirectoryGianluca Cusatis
Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Contact2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-3109
Email Gianluca Cusatis
Ph.D. in Structural Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Laurea degree in Structural Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Mechanics of infrastructure materials and constitutive modeling of concrete and cementitious composites
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Chi Epsilon Honor Society
- Industry Stipend of Excellence Award, sponsored by Lafarge Group and Electricité de France. Evaluation Committee: Prof. F.H Wittmann, Dr. P. Acker and Dr. B. Gerrard. ConCreep6@MIT, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA. Aug. 2001
Significant Professional Service
- Coordinator of the Structural Engineering and Infrastructure Materials (SEIM) MS and PhD program. Aug. 2011 – Present
- ACI 446 Fracture Mechanics, Chair, March 2010 – Present
- IA-CONCREEP, Board of Directors, Secretary, October 2008 – Present
- ASCE Engineering Mechanics Institute – Computational Mechanics, Member, April 2008 – Present
G. Cusatis and X. Zhou. “High-Order Microplane Theory for Quasi-Brittle Materials with Multiple Characteristic Lengths” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0000747 (Nov. 4, 2013).
J. Smith, G. Cusatis, D. Pelessone, Eric Landis, J. O’Daniels, and J. Baylot. “Lattice Discrete Particle Modeling of Ultra High-Performance Fiber-Reinforced Concrete for Projectile Penetration Simulations.” International Journal of Impact Engineering. Volume 65, March 2014, Pages 13–32
M. Alnaggar, G. Cusatis, and G. Di Luzio. “Lattice Discrete Particle Modeling of Alkali-Silica-Reaction (ASR) Deterioration of Concrete Structures.” Cement and Concrete Composites Journal. Volume 41, August 2013, Pages 45–59.
G. Di Luzio and G. Cusatis. “Solidification-Microprestress-Microplane (SMM) Theory for Concrete at Early Age. Theory, Validation and Application.” International Journal of Solids and Structures. International Journal of Solids and Structures, Volume 50, issue 6 (March 15, 2013), pp. 957-975.
E. A. Schauffert, G. Cusatis, Pelessone, D., O’Daniel, J., and Baylot, J. “Lattice Discrete Particle Model for Fiber Reinforced Concrete (LDPM-F): II Tensile Fracturing and Multiaxial Loading Behavior”. ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 2012, 138(7), 834–841.
E. A. Schauffert and G. Cusatis. “Lattice Discrete Particle Model for Fiber Reinforced Concrete (LDPM-F): I Theory”. ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 2012, 138(7), 826–833.