Graduate Study / AdmissionsGraduate Application Checklist
Please note: The information provided on this page is for applicants applying to programs offered through The Graduate School at Northwestern University.
Applicants to the following programs offered directly through the McCormick School of Engineering, should refer to their program's website for application instructions as they vary by program: Master of Science in Analytics, Master of Science in Biotechnology, Executive Management for Design and Construction, Master of Science in Information Technology, Master of Engineering Management, The MMM Program, Master of Product Design and Development Management, Master of Project Management, and Master of Science in Robotics.
These are the required application materials for Northwestern Engineering graduate programs offered through The Graduate School. Please contact your specific department or program for more information.
- Complete the online application.
- Include your resume or CV with the online application.
- Include your statement of purpose with the online application.
- Send your GRE and TOEFL scores (TOEFL scores only if required) to Northwestern University (ETS code 1565).
- If you have not sent your official test scores to Northwestern, we will accept scanned copies of score reports with the online application and will verify your scores with ETS.
- The minimum Internet-based TOEFL scores are 90 for PhD applicants and 80 for MS applicants.
- Please consult the departmental websites for TOEFL requirements that may be higher for specific MS programs.
- We do not use departmental codes for these exams.
- Applicants upload unofficial transcripts with the online application. Official transcripts will be required only for new students who will matriculate at Northwestern.
Do not send hard copies of materials that have been submitted electronically.
This is unnecessary and slows down the processing of applications.
Feel free to contact the department or program staff or contact the Office of Graduate Studies.