Graduate StudyStudent Groups
Student groups at McCormick provide an important opportunity for graduate students to develop leadership skills and create opportunities to network with faculty, staff, and professionals in the field.
Founded in 2006, the MGLC fosters community among all McCormick graduate students.
The McCormick Graduate Leadership Council:
- builds graduate student community among the eight departments at McCormick
- organizes social, academic, and professional activities
- facilitates communication between McCormick graduate students and the Dean's office
The GSA at Northwestern enhances graduate students' experiences in and out of the classroom and strives to create resources and programs to improve the quality of students’ lives.
The Graduate Student Association:
- advocates for the student body to the administration
- builds community on campus
- provides opportunities to serve the greater Evanston and Chicago communities
The GLC is the voice of graduate students in academic and administrative matters at Northwestern University and a forum for graduate student leaders.
Comprised of delegates from graduate student associations recognized by The Graduate School and the McCormick Graduate Leadership Council (MGLC), the GLC conducts regular meetings and brings the concerns of graduate students to the attention of the deans and administrative staff of The Graduate School and other stakeholders at Northwestern.