Faculty DirectoryMark Clark
Clinical Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Contact2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-3109
Email Mark Clark
Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
M.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Mechanics of coagulation/flocculation and membranes in drinking water treatment
- Kalinichev, A.G., E. Iskrenova-Tchoukova,W-Young Ahn, M. M. Clark, R. J. Kirkpatrick, “Effects of Ca2+ on Supramolecular Aggregation of Natural Organic Matter in Aqueous Solutions: A Comparison of Molecular Modeling Approaches,” Geoderma: in press, 2010
- D.A. Ladner, D.R. Vardon, and M.M. Clark. Effects of shear on microfiltration and ultrafiltration fouling by marine algae. J. Membr. Sci. 356, 33-43 (2010).
- 45. D.R. Vardon, D.A. Ladner, and M.M. Clark. Laser scanning cytometry for algal monitoring in seawater desalination plant feedwater. Submitted to Water Research.
- 44. D.A. Ladner, A. Subramani, M. Kumar, S.S. Adhan, and M.M. Clark, “Bench-scaleevaluation of seawater desalination by reverse osmosis,” Desalination 250, 490-499 (2010).
- 43. Ahn, W.-Y., Kalinichev, A.G, and M. M. Clark, “Effects of Background Cations on the Fouling of Polyethersulfone Membranes by Natural Organic Matter: Experimental and Modeling Study,” J. Membrane Science, 309, 128-140 (2008).
- Kumar, M., Grzelakowski, M., Zilles, J., Clark, M., and W. Meier, “Highly Permeable Polymeric Membranes based on the Incorporation of the Functional Water Channel Protein Aquaporin Z,” Proc. National Academy of Sciences, 104, 52: 20723-20728 (2007).
- Ladner, D., Lee, B., and Clark, M.M., “Laser Scanning Cytometry for FluorescentMicrosphere Enumeration,” J. American Water Works Association, 99, 3: 110 (2007).
- Kumar, M; Meier, W.; Zilles, J.; Clark, M.; Grzelakowski, M.; Nehring, R. Highly permeable polymer membranes, US Provisional Patent number 60992660, filed Dec 5th, 2007, Assignee: University of Illinois
Clark, M.M., and R.L. Riley, “Water Purification by Polymer Colloids,” United States Patent and Trademark Office, 6,669,851 B2, December, 2003