Faculty DirectoryTodd Kuiken
Professor of Surgery
Professor of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Email Todd Kuiken
Prosthetic control systems, using nerve-muscle grafts to obtain additional myoelectric control signal, bioelectromagnetics modeling, prosthetic design, human gait, and care of the amputee.
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, Member
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Member
- Association of Academic Physiatrists, Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Member
- International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Member
Dr. Kuiken is a practicing Physiatrist and Director of Amputee Services at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. His clinical interests include care of people with limb loss, amputee pain, phantom limb pain, gait disorders, spinal cord injury, fitting of orthotic devices and patient emotional well being.