Research / Areas of ResearchNano/Microscience & Technology
Nano- and micro-scale research in our program focuses on the modeling and experimentation of novel materials and devices.
Faculty Research Areas
- In-situ electron microscopy testing of 1-D nanostructures
- Scalable 3-D nanofabrication of integrated nanosystems
- High efficiency energy conversion using nano-photonic devices
- Cellular access and interrogation for next-generation therapeutic technologies
- Development of next-generation electronics components based on nanoelectromechanical systems and their parallel nanomanufacturing
- Bio-inspired sensors
Micro- and meso-scale research in the department is viewed as the bridge between the nano/micro-scales and the macro-world in which humans operate.
Active research topics
- Novel experimental techniques to investigate size effects in nano-scale systems
- Scalable 3D nano-fabrication of integrated nano-systems for energy harvesting
- Sub-diffraction-limited image and nanolithography
- Biologically inspired sensors and sensing
- Single cell transfection and sampling