Welcome to the McCormick Office of Career Development!
Our office gives undergraduate and graduate level McCormick students opportunities to engage in work integrated learning. The Walter P. Murphy Cooperative Engineering Education program is one of the oldest and most prestigious Co-op programs in the country. Our Engineering Internship Program gives students ample opportunity to engage in professional engineering related internships across the country. Our newest programs, Research and Service learning are closely aligned with the current interests of McCormick students. No matter what program(s) you decide to engage in, you can be rest assured that you will be provided with a Career Development Adviser to help guide you during your time at Northwestern.
The McCormick Office of Career Development provides a career development adviser to work with a student in all aspects of their participation in our programs:
- Deciding about Co-op, Internships, Research or Service Learning
- Preparing your resume and other application materials
- Researching companies
- Learning to interview for your first professional experience in engineering
- Making plans to obtain a position
- Helping in the process of turning your years at McCormick into a solid foundation for your future career achievements