McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
Administration, Finance & Planning
The McCormick Office of Administration, Finance & Planning seeks to deliver excellence in school-wide financial and administrative infrastructure support of McCormick’s teaching and research mission.
- To lessen the administrative burden on faculty
- To achieve seamless coordination with McCormick departments, programs, centers and institutes
- To collaborate with NU Central Offices to provide optimal operational services
What We Do
The McCormick Office Of Administration, Finance & Planning (AF&P) provides school-wide infrastructure support in three primary categories:
- Finance: including budget management and resource allocation, annual Provost Brief, Cognos, accounting (NUFS), procurement, faculty and staff payroll, faculty start-up and retention, endowed professorships, salary recovery, sponsored and non-sponsored finance policy compliance.
- People/HR: including faculty and staff appointments, staff position management, HRIS, Kronos, staff recruitment, orientation and performance management, staff recognition, staff conflict of interest, employment policy compliance; The McCormick Customer Service Center for visas, eVerify, annual report, faculty moves and notary public.
- Facilities/Space/Safety: including Tech and Ford building management, faculty lab renovations, Tech and Ford emergency response and business continuity planning, SIMS, FAMIS, oversight of McCormick space in eight Evanston campus locations.
Representatives from the McCormick Office of AF&P serve on more than 20 Northwestern University committees.