UndergraduateAdvising & Registration
You may have many advisers during your time at McCormick, each one able to help you at specific points in your undergraduate career.
The advising process begins over the summer prior to the freshmen year, when students complete the McCormick Online Dossier. Over the summer, students will be assigned to one of four McCormick First-Year Advisors, who they will meet in the fall.
Most students declare a major by their sophomore year. As a result, students are assigned to an adviser within their major for their sophomore year.
Jump to a Section
- First-Year Advisers
- Undeclared Upperclass Students
- Upperclass Students with a Major
- Interschool Transfers
- Study Abroad Students
Visit the welcome new students page for the names and contact information of first-year advisers.
Sophomore, junior, and senior who have not yet declared a major, are advised by:
If you are an upperclass student with a declared major, your adviser is a faculty member in your declared department.
If you are unsure of your adviser, please consult the McCormick Advising System or the binder in the Undergraduate Engineering Office, Tech L269.
For detailed information on the curricula for your major, please see each department:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics
- Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences
- Manufacturing and Design Engineering (MaDE)
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Students interested in transferring into or out of McCormick from another school at Northwestern should contact:
Students who will be studying abroad in the following quarter(s) should contact: