Faculty DirectoryDaniel Apley
Professor of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences
Contact2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-3109
Email Daniel Apley
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Statistical modeling and analysis of engineering systems; statistical learning and data mining; quality engineering and six sigma; manufacturing process diagnosis and control
- Zhang, N. and Apley, D. W., "Brownian Integrated Covariance Functions for Gaussian Process Modeling: Sigmoidal Versus Localized Basis Functions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, to appear, DOI:10.1080/01621459.2015.1077711
- Arendt, P., Apley, D. W., and Chen, W., "A Preposterior Analysis to Predict Identifiability in Experimental Calibration of Computer Models," IIE Transactions, to appear, DOI: 10.1080/0740817X.2015.1064554.
- Gramacy, R. B. and Apley, D. W., “Local Gaussian process approximation for large computer experiments,” Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, DOI:10.1080/10618600.2014.914442, 24(2), pp. 561—578, 2015
- Zhang, N. and Apley, D. W., "Fractional Brownian Fields for Response Surface Metamodeling," Journal of Quality Technology, 46(4), pp. 285-301, 2014
- Apley, D. W., "Posterior Distribution Charts: A Bayesian Approach for Graphically Exploring a Process Mean," Technometrics, 54(3), pp. 296-310, 2012.
- Sun, Y. Apley, D. W., and Staum, J., "Efficient Nested Simulation for Estimating the Variance of a Conditional Expectation," Operations Research, 59(4), pp. 998–1007, 2011.
- Apley, D. W. and Lee, H. Y., "Simultaneous Identification of Premodeled and Unmodeled Variation Patterns," Journal of Quality Technology, 42(1), pp. 36-51, 2010.
- Shan, X. and Apley, D. W., "Blind Identification of Manufacturing Variation Patterns by Combining Source Separation Criteria," Technometrics, 50(3), pp. 332-343, 2008. Received the Wilcoxon Prize.