The marketing department oversees the development of all Northwestern Engineering-related web communications, including websites, social media accounts, and email newsletters.
The following resources are intended to help representatives of departments, programs, and student groups in building and maintaining these important elements of our brand.
Web-related question? Email the McCormick Web Team.
Cascade User Guides
Staff who are responsible for administering their department or center's websites in the Cascade content management system should consult our guides for maintaining websites in Cascade.
- Main (top level) Northwestern Engineering School Website Guide
- Department Website Guide
- Professional Master's Programs Guide
- Research Websites Guide
- Photoshop Instructional Guide
Cascade Access & Training
If you need to schedule a training session to learn how to administer your website using Cascade, contact the IT team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Net ID
- Department, center, or group
- The URL for the website you need access to
CASCADE Video TRAINING SERIES
Please click one of the links below to view one of the YouTube training videos:
- Logging in and navigating around Cascade: Logging into Cascade, exploring the dashboard, and creating basic assets.
- Editing a basic page: Editing a basic web page, creating titles and display names, and inputting inline metadata.
- Editing a basic page- header image/slider: Uploading images to your site, editing the featured image, and creating a multi-image slider.
- Editing a basic page- jump menu: Creating a list of links to various content sections of the page, creating anchor tags, and inputting return to top links.
- Editing a basic page: main body content - part 1: Formatting and editing text, creating headers, and pasting in plain text.
- Editing a basic page: main body content - part 2: Creating hyperlinks, and learning different style tags.
- Editing a basic page: main body content - part 3: Learning how to insert and optimize media on your web page.
- Editing a basic page: sidebar: Creating related links, editing the contact sidebar, and utilizing the featured sidebar.
- Submitting and publishing a web page: Submitting, publishing, and creating a draft of your web pages.
- Uploading images & documents: Modifying image dimensions and document sizes for the web, and uploading them into Cascade.
- Creating new pages: Learning to create a section folder, a basic page, and organizing pages within your site
- Copying/ moving & renaming /deleting assets: Correctly copying pages to a new location, renaming your assets, and deleting assets on your site
Cascade Office Hours
Cascade office hours are a chance for website admins to stop in and get one-on-one guidance and assistance with current web content questions and plan for upcoming web projects.