For EmployersStudent Recruitment
The Master of Science in Analytics offers several programs for companies of all sizes to raise awareness of their brand and recruit students. We’ll work with you to develop a customized recruiting plan to support your particular needs, but please see below for the program’s current options.
Thursday Networking Sessions
This is a general networking event held each week in the fall quarter where we invite one or two industry contacts to meet and mingle with both graduating students interested in full-time positions and incoming students interested in internship opportunities.
- These events usually last for one hour.
- We reserve the venue and will arrange for catering.
- Students receive an email announcing when you will be on campus.
- Interviews for full-time postings can be arranged to follow.
Please register for our next student recruitment event when dates are made available prior to the fall quarter.
If your company has a position available but you will not be able to join us on campus in the fall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your posting and application process, and we will distribute it to graduating MSiA students.
- Internship recruiting: October through February.
- Full-time position recruiting: Beginning of October through December.
- Full-time position start dates: Mid-December. Students will be available to begin work directly after graduation.
Other collaboration Opportunities
Companies interact with our students in a variety ways that can help them identify candidates for employment, including:
- Practicum and capstone projects
- Providing data sets for in-class analysis
- Guest lecturing
- Industry workshops and seminars
Policies & Expectations For Employers
Job/Internship Offer Policy
To prevent exploding offers and insure fair recruiting practices for all employers and students, MSiA (following the University's policies) asks that you adhere to the following offer policy:
- For full-time offers (extended in the summer or fall quarter): students will be provided until mid-November 2016 to inform you of their employment decision. Students may accept an offer prior to this date if they choose to do so.
- For internship offers (extended in the winter quarter): students will be provided until mid-February 2017 to inform you of their employment decision. Students may accept an offer prior to this date if they choose to do so.
- Beyond the dates addressed previously, employers are expected to provide students with a 3 week time frame for offer acceptance/decline.
These guidelines are for Northwestern University and are effective for companies that recruit on and off campus.
Please check back in the coming weeks for exact dates regarding internship and full-time offers as we plan for 2016-2017 recruiting.