McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
Office of Research Administration
The mission of the McCormick Office of Research Administration is to support McCormick faculty in their pursuit of excellence and growth in research and to promote compliance and efficiency in the management of sponsored funding.
What we do
McCormick Research Administration is responsible for the administration of sponsored funding for McCormick departments and research centers throughout the stages of the sponsored funding life cycle: location of funding opportunities, proposal preparation, award set-up, award management and monitoring, and award close-out.
McCormick Budget Templates
- McCormick Budget Template
- McCormick Budget Template with Cost Sharing
- Template Update History (revised 11-1-13)
- Welcome, Juleen Morford, our new Associate Research Administrator in Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)! Juleen started with MSE on 3/10/14.
- The NSF GPG has been updated with minor changes starting February 24. Changes include: language clarification and expansions, restrictions on including information beyond what is specified for the biosketches, senior personnel not requesting salary or effort having their roles described in the facilities document, and uploading "Not Applicable" documents for sections that are not applicable per specific solicitations. Click here for the list of GPG updates; or read the complete updated GPG here: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappguide/nsf14001/gpgprint.pdf.
- Northwestern University will be closed January 20 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Northwestern University will be closed January 6 and January 7 because of severe weather.
Northwestern University will be closed December 24 and December 25 for Christmas, as well as December 31 and January 1 for New Year's.
- Welcome, Laura Chavez, our new Research Administrator in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences (EECS), who started 12/05/13.
- The McCormick Research Administration Team will be having a staff retreat on 11/26/2013. For any proposal due that day, please plan accordingly on getting all necessary documents to your RAs beforehand.
- Welcome, Andrew Mark, our new Associate Research Administrator in the McCormick Resaerch Administration office, who started 10/28/13.
- Welcome, Jonathan Schatz, our new Associate Research Administrator with Mechanical Engineering and McCormick Research Administration, who started 10/21/13.
- Welcome, Jennifer Howard, the new Scientific Writer with the McCormick School of Engineering, who started in 9/19/13.
- Congratulations to Juliet Ludwig on her new role as the Associate Research Administrator in Electrical Enginerering and Computer Science (EECS), which she began on 7/9/13.
- Welcome, Maura Cleffi, the new Research Administrator in Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)! Maura started with MSE on 6/17/13.
- There has been recent notice that NSF has become more administratively stringent, returning an increasing number of proposals without review due to non-compliance with the GPG proposal preparation requirements (specifically, "Results from Prior NSF Support"). While "Results from Prior NSF Support" section has always been a requirement, investigators must now include separate sections addressing Broader Impacts and Intellectual Merit within this section.