McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
Office of Research Administration
The mission of the McCormick Office of Research Administration is to support McCormick faculty in their pursuit of excellence and growth in research and to promote compliance and efficiency in the management of sponsored funding.
What we do
McCormick Research Administration is responsible for the administration of sponsored funding for McCormick departments and research centers throughout the stages of the sponsored funding life cycle: location of funding opportunities, proposal preparation, award set-up, award management and monitoring, and award close-out.
McCormick Budget Templates
- McCormick Budget Template
- McCormick Budget Template with Cost Sharing
- Template Update History (revised 4-30-13)
- Congratulations to Danielle Burhop on winning the fall STAR award in McCormick!
- There has been recent notice that NSF has become more administratively stringent, returning an increasing number of propoals without review due to non-compliance with the GPG proposal preparation requirements (specifically, "Results from Prior NSF Supplort"). While "Results from Prior NSF Support" section has always been a requirement, investigators must now include separate sections addressing Broader Impacts and Intellectual Merit within this section.
- Congratulations to Nathan Youngblood on winning the fall STAR award in McCormick!
- Catherine Barrera will be the new Assistant Director for the McCormick Research Administration office, starting 2/6/13.
- Aaron Jones will be the new Research Administrator for Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) and Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences (IEMS), starting 1/14/13