Graduate Study
Student Resources

Graduate Handbooks

Master of science in chemical and biological engineering handbook

PhD in chemical and biological engineering handbook

Teaching Assistant Handbook

Permission Numbers

Permission number requests should be directed to


Please log onto GSTS to fill out necessary forms (Prospectus, Final Exam, AFD, etc.) and submit them online. After you submit the forms online, and after you have completed the necessary milestone (where applicable), your paperwork will be approved first by the department and then by the Graduate School online.

Log into gsts

Exit Form

MS and PhD students who are leaving the department should fill out a exit form before leaving.


PhD Funding

The Graduate School and McCormick provide incoming PhD students with full funding, including paid tuition, paid health insurance, and a monthly stipend for living expenses.

Learn more about PhD funding

Master's Program Financial Aid

Master’s students are provided with a variety of federal and private loan options so they can fund their educations regardless of financial circumstances.

Learn more about master's funding

Grants and Fellowships

The Graduate School provides most doctoral degree-seeking students with the opportunity to receive fellowships and scholarships. Made possible by general appropriations, endowments and other outside sources, fellowships typically provide students with a monthly stipend and a scholarship to pay for tuition costs. Most incoming doctoral students receive some form of fellowship and scholarship for the first year of study.

Learn more about fellowships and grants