ResearchHealthcare Engineering and Analytics Lab
At the heart of the Center for Engineering and Health’s research is the Healthcare Engineering and Analytics Lab (HEAL). HEAL members use predictive modeling, robust optimization and smart technology, to provide state-of-the-art solutions in healthcare delivery.
Northwestern Medicine faculty and staff and center members have access to the resources of the lab. Health researchers and physicians are exposed to the latest technological development and analytical tools that address challenges in their clinical or research domain. Current collaborations are resulting in:
- Designing and effectively integrating mobile and wireless devices and care delivery systems
- Leveraging and developing multimedia science for healthcare
- Learning from the fusion of text, imaging, sensor, and genetic data
- Analyzing national health policies
- Creating decision support and management tools to optimize care delivery and resources