Faculty DirectoryLeon M. Keer
Walter P. Murphy Professor Emeritus of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
Contact2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-3109
Email Leon Keer
Ph.D. Aeronautics and Engineering Mechanics, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
M.S. Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
B.S. Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
Research InterestsEngineering mechanics; tribology
- Guggenheim Fellow
- Fellow in following professional societies: ASME, ASCE, AAM, ASA
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellow
- Innovative Research Award, Tribology Division, ASME
- Drucker Medal
- Chen, W.W., Zhou, K., Keer, L.M. and Wang, Q.J., "Modeling Elasto-Plastic Indentation on Layered Materials Using the Equivalent Inclusion Method,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, (2010), Voi. 47, pp. 2841-2854.
- Hao, S., Wang, Q., and Keer, L.M., “A Mechanical Approach to Solve Two-DimensionalStatic Electrical and Magnetic Fields: Applications to Contact Between Conductors Under Electrical Load,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol, 77, (2010), pp. 031013-1-8
- Espinasse, L., Keer, L.M., Borodich, F., Yu, H., and Wang, Q.J., “A Note on JKR andDMT Theories of Contact on a Transversely Isotropic Half Space,” Mechanics of Materials, Vol. 42, (2010), pp. 477-480.
- Yao, Y, Keer, LM, and Fine, ME, “Electromigration Effect on Pancake Type VoidPropagation near the Interface of Bulk Solder and Intermetallic Compound,”Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 105 (2009), Article Number: 063710
- Bai, X.-M., Keer, L.M., Wang, Q.J., and Snurr, R., “Investigation of Particle DampingMechanism via Particle Dynamics Simulations,” Granular Matter, Vol. 11, (2009), pp. 417- 429.
- Jin, X., Keer, L.M. and Wang, Q., “New Greens Function for Stress Field and a Note of Its Application in Quantum-Wire Structures,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, Volume 46, (2009), pp. 3788-3796.
- Shah, B.M., Pillet, D., Bai, X.-M., Keer, L.M., Wang, Q.J., and Snurr, R.Q., “Constructionand characterization of a particle-based thrust damping system,” Journal of Sound andVibration, Volume, 328, (2009), pp. 489-502.
- Yao. Y., Fiedler, B.A., Keer, L.M., and Fine, M.E., Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior of Sn-Ag-Cu Solder Interconnects, “ IEEE Transactions on Components and PackagingTechnologies, Vol., 32, (2009), pp. 317-324.
- Block, J.M. and Keer, L.M., “Partial Contact of an Elastic Coated Cylinder Pressed by aRigid Plat Surface,” Journal of Tribology, Vol. 131, (2009), pp. 024502-1-3.
- Wang, F.S., Block, J.M., Chen, W.W., Martini, A., Zhou, K., Keer, L.M., and Wang, Q.J.,“A Multilevel Model for Elastic-Plastic Contact Between a Sphere and a Flat RoughSurface,” Journal of Tribology, Vol. 131, (2009), pp. 021409-1-6.