PeopleFaculty Awards & Honors
- Jan Achenbach won the A. K. Rao Memorial Award from the Indian Society of Non-Destructive Testing.
- Cate Brinson received the Nadai Medal in materials engineering from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Jian Cao was elected a fellow of the International Academy for Production Engineering. She is one of only 15 fellows in the United States.
- Ed Colgate was named an IEEE fellow.
- Isaac Daniel received the Medal of Excellence, the highest award given by the American Society of Composites.
- Horacio Espinosa received the Murray Medal, the highest honor from the Society of Experimental Mechanics, and was named a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Elizabeth Gerber received the IEEE Computer Society’s Undergraduate Teaching Award and was named to Crain’s list of 40 under 40.
- Yonggang Huang received the Daniel C. Drucker Medal in applied mechanics from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Elmer Lewis received the 2014 Wigner Reactor Physicist Award from the American Nuclear Society.
- Wing Kam Liu received the 2014 grand prize from the Japan Society of Computational Engineering.
- Todd Murphey was selected to join the 2014-15 DARPA Defense Science Study Group (DSSG). Past DSSG members from mechanical engineering include Cate Brinson, Kevin Lynch, Neelesh Patankar, and Mitra Hartmann.
- Michael Peshkin created Mako Surgical, a surgical robotics company that grew out of Northwestern technology. He sold Mako Technology to Stryker in September 2013 for $1.65 billion.
- John Rudnicki received the 2014 Engineering Science Medal from the Society of Engineering Science.
- Jane Wang received the Captain Alfred E. Hunt Memorial Best Paper Award.