Department of Mechanical Engineering
McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
2145 Sheridan Road, Room B224
Evanston, IL 60208
For Prospective Students
- To learn about Northwestern's graduate admissions process, visit The Graduate School's page on admissions.
- To learn about mechanical engineering MS admissions, visit our MS application page and FAQs.
- To learn about mechanical engineering PhD admissions, visit our PhD application page and FAQs.
- To learn about applying to mechanical engineering's undergraduate program visit Northwestern's undergraduate admissions website.
- If you have additional questions about undergraduate admissions, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office via email or telephone at 847-491-7271.
Location: 2145 Sheridan Rd, Evanston, IL 60208. The Technological Institute (Tech) of Northwestern.
Parking: We are in the Technological Institute (Tech) in B224. The closest parking lots are 132 (Sheridan and Noyes) and 111 (just north of Tech).
Both lots require a visitor's parking pass; if you do not have a parking pass, please park in garage marked 105. There, you must take a card upon entering, and pay as you exit.
If you park in lots 132 or 111, you will enter through the Tech main plaza, marked "1" on the map. There you will be on the first floor of Tech. If you park in garage 105, you will enter through entrance "2" on the map, on the ground floor. If you enter through "2", work your way toward "1" and go up one flight (from ground to first floor).
From the first floor main lobby at entrance "1", turn left (north), take the first set of stairs on your left up one flight to the second floor, turn left out of the stairs and go straight ahead through the double doors marked "B224 Mechanical Engineering."