Facilities and Dining
Jump to a Section
- McCormick School Buildings and Maps
- Emergency Information
- Additional Facilities & Resources
- Facilities Management & SIMS
- Facilities Management System (FAMIS)
- Reserving Rooms
- McCormick Space-Related Forms
- McCormick / Medill San Francisco Space
The Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science faculty and staff are located in a connected complex of buildings on the Evanston campus.
The main building is the Technological Institute, commonly known as "Tech," and is a landmark building at Northwestern University. It is connected to other buildings by pedestrian bridges.
More recent additions to the "Technological Campus" include Hogan Hall, the Center for Nanofabrication, the Ford Motor Company Engineering Design Center and Silverman Hall for Molecular Therapeutics and Diagnostics.
There are several dining options at McCormick, both on and off campus.
Learn more about:
Connected to the Tech Building by pedestrian bridges, the Seeley G. Mudd Library provides books, journals, and online resources related to science and engineering, as well as course reserves, study rooms, and more.
Faculty and staff may reserve smart classrooms at Northwestern which offer teaching and learning enhancements such as LCD projectors, laptop connectivity, sound systems, DVD players, and touch screen controls, among other features.
- Northwestern Facilities Management website
- Billing and Charging for Facilities Services
- Space Information Management Systems (SIMS)
- SIMS Space Survey – for editing room activities, assignments, occupants, and more
- FAMIS Training Materials
- FAMIS System Status
- FAMIS Building Numbers
- FAMIS System Security Forms
- FAMIS Access through NU Portal
- To request a General Purpose Classroom on campus for one-time use, follow the scheduling policies maintained by the Office of the Registrar. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Learn how to Reserve Other Campus Rooms
- To request conference rooms in Tech, contact the appropriate person at McCormick
- McCormick Space Request Form
- Lab Renovation Checklist
- Key Request Form
- Note: The key request application form must be filled out and signed by the supervisor before keys can be issued. The employee may obtain a key for their designated office space, and if needed, for the outside doors of the Technological Institute.
Contact Deirdre Dennett for help with your move. She can provide assistance for faculty relocating to the area and getting set up at McCormick.
Name Plates for Offices / Suites
For McCormick faculty moves, contact Deirdre Dennett for assistance.