The admissions committee consists of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences faculty who are responsible for all admission decisions into the Master of Engineering Management program. They are looking for a diverse class of high-achieving individuals interested in advancing their careers in technical management.
Jump to a Section
- How to Apply
- Application Deadlines
- Submitting Supplementary Materials
- Questions on how to Apply
The following is a comprehensive list of all the admissions requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or STEM discipline.
- 3.0 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate work
- GMAT or GRE scores required (waived for those with three or more years of technical work experience)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate education attempted
- $50 application fee payable in US funds
- Three letters of recommendation that attest to the candidate's work performance and management potential. At least two should be business related (not academic such as a professor) and one must be a current supervisor
- Personal statement that is part of the online application
- Calculus based statistics course (Note: Incoming students will be required to complete a summer MEM online statistics course to meet this requirement. This course is free to MEM students.)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for all international applicants whose undergraduate training, in whole or in part, was taken at an institution in a country where English is not the native language
Please use the following instructions to apply for the Master of Engineering Management program:
- Request more information about our program
- Complete all aspects of the online application
- Submit your GRE/GMAT scores (waived for those with three or more years of technical work experience)
- Submit your TOEFL/IELTS scores if you are an international applicant where English is not your primary language.
- Pay the $50 application fee.
Please view the following tables to see admissions deadlines for both part-time and full-time students.
Part-Time Admissions Deadline
|Quarter||Applications Due||Decisions Sent|
|Fall||August 1||Within 3 weeks of submission|
|Winter||November 15||Within 3 weeks of submission|
|Spring||February 15||Within 3 weeks of submission|
|Summer||May 1||Within 3 weeks of submission|
Full-Time Admissions Deadline
|Round||Applications Due||Decisions Sent||Reply Required|
|Round 1*||January 15||March 15||April 15|
|Round 2||March 15||May 1||June 1|
|Round 3||After March 15, reviewed only if space is available. All attempts will be made to inform you of a decision by June 1.|
*Round 1 waitlist candidates will be notified by May 1 regarding their admission decision.
Supplementary materials can be uploaded to the online application system. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions concerning our application requirements or process, please visit our frequently asked questions page.