Visiting Scholar ProgramVisiting Scholar Review Process
- All applications will be reviewed individually by the Visiting Scholar Review Committee.
- The Visiting Scholar Review Committee will verify that all candidates are eligible and that the matched collaborator meets the department’s requirements, in order to host the sabbatical faculty member.
- Preference will be given to faculty nominations.
- The Visiting Scholar Review Committee will vote to narrow down the choices to the top 3 candidates.
- The Biomedical Engineering faculty will vote on the 3 candidates during the monthly faculty meeting
- The Department Chair will submit an application to McCormick for the Eshbach Visiting Scholar Program.
- Host faculty member and chair will formally invite the Visiting Scholar.
- All other applicants who were considered for the position will receive a letter from the Chair encouraging participation in future application cycles.
November 1st Biomedical Engineering Visiting Scholar Program open for applications
January 15th Northwestern Biomedical Engineering faculty collaboration nominations due
January 15th Visiting Scholar Applications Due
January 15th-31st Visiting Scholar Review Committee individually reviews all applications
February 1st-7th Biomedical Engineering Faculty vote for top candidate
February 10th Visiting Scholar Position Announced/Invited
February 10th Department Chair submits Eshbach Visiting Scholar’s Program Application