Current StudentsStudent Awards
Graduate Student Awards
We have a large number of PhD students who have competed successfully at the national level for individual fellowships. Of our 88 PhD students, 31 of them hold national fellowships.
Master’s student Brian Robillard was part of the team that created the startup Innoblative designs, which won national prizes and the honor of ringing the closing bell at the NASDAQ stock exchange.
Undergraduate Student Awards
The 2014 Mickelson Prize for Innovation and Creativity
BME design teams took first and third place in the 2014 Mickelson Prize for Innovation and Creativity, awarded to three teams each year for innovation and creativity in senior capstone work.
- First prize: Christina Fuentes, Nathan Brantley, Andrew Kantzos, Divya Katthuria and Sarah Uttal for “Dual Sensing Respiratory Monito with Accelerometry and Acoustic Signals”
- Third prize: Kelly Staricha, Kevin Guo, Yoeng Kim, and Andy Lee for “Design of Novel Surgical Adhesive Mixer and Applicator for Two-Component Adhesives"
Emil Klosowiak received a Fulbright Award to study in Poland.
Whitaker International Fellowship
- Charlotte ter Haar received a Whitaker International Fellowship for the 2014-2015 academic year. She will be studying antibody engineering in Switzerland next year at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.
- Nathan Brantly received a Whitaker International Fellowship for the 2014-2015 academic year. He will be working on a gait retraining study at the University of Auckland at the Auckland Bioengineering Institute in New Zealand.
NSF Gradute Fellowship
- Christina Fuentes received an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
Undergraduate Research Grants
- Jason Guo was awarded an academic year URG.
- Jennifer Antane, Jordan Caffe, Michael Hu, Charles Schurman were awarded summer URGs.
- Katherine Cai, Jose Carillo, Christina Chan, Hasan Musharraf, Nicholas Phillips, Kate Rutila, Rachel Weathered, and Simon Yang were awarded BME summer undergraduate research awards.