Faculty & Staff ResourcesFaculty Reimbursements
Expense Report Submission Instructions
- Simply fill out the Reimbursement Request Form, and then place the form, receipts, and any other supporting documentation into one of the blue plastic envelopes located in the department office near the department mailboxes.
- Put the envelope in the ESAM mailbox labeled for “Expense Reports,” which is directly above Lori Choi's mailbox. The Customer Service Center - Reimbursements (CSC-R) will pick up receipts daily.
- If you’d like to submit electronic receipts, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the scanned receipts, along with the business purpose, chart string and any other details pertinent to processing a reimbursement.
- If needed, answer email questions from Jennifer Kane (CSC-R) for additional clarification or documentation.
- Once your expense report has been prepared, you will receive a system-generated email from Jennifer Kane, requesting your approval of the report.
Approving Your Expense Report
- After Jennifer Kane in the Customer Service Center creates your expense report, you will receive a system-generated email, which will require your action.
- In the email, there should be a link. Open the email and click on the link.
- Next, log in with your NetID so that you can view/verify your expense report and click “approve.” Clicking “approve” now takes the place of your wet signature.
- Your expense report will then route electronically to the department chair for approval.
See also: Employee Approval Instructions
Approving Student Expense Reports
- When one of your student advisees submits a reimbursement request, you will receive a system-generated email from Beth Siculan.
- Open the email and click on the link. Log in with your NetID.
- Review the electronic expense report approval page and click “approve” to verify the expenses. If changes are required, type a brief explanation into the “Comments” box that is located near the bottom of the screen and click “send back.” The expense report will then be rerouted to the student for revision.
See also: Supervisor Approval Instructions