ResearchAffiliated Centers & Institutes
The Department of Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics is connected to five different research centers and institutes at Northwestern University. Our affiliations with these research centers and institutes support the interdisciplinary research efforts led by our faculty members.
- The Northwestern Institute on Complex Systems (NICO)
- The Institute for Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern (ISEN)
- The Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC)
- The Center for Hierarchical Materials Design
- The Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics (CIERA)
- Argonne National Laboratory