McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
Office of Undergraduate Engineering
To assure that every undergraduate seeking a McCormick degree is successful in attaining the best education possible.
What We Do
The responsibilities of the Office of Undergraduate Engineering can be stated under five categories, as follows.
The Student Body
- Serve as the interface with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Enhance the academic quality and characteristics of the students so as to have a vigorous college experience.
- Aid student organizations in functioning well and having outstanding activities.
Curricula and courses
- Operate processes that assure that degree requirements are consistent with faculty intentions and that graduates continuously make progress to fulfill these requirements.
- Assure that all courses are offered so as best to serve the students and the faculty.
- Be custodians of relevant academic records.
Students’ Personal Growth
- Oversee the Faculty who serve as undergraduate advisers.
- Offer the valuable educational enhancements of Co-op and Internships.
- Serve as the interface between parents, their enrolled children, and the McCormick community.
Interface with the Profession
- Be responsible for the processes associated with the Accreditation status of our degree programs.
- Offer engagement opportunities for employers that have need to access to our students.
- Enforce the Academic Integrity policy of the McCormick School.
- Operate the processes involved with academic options, such as certificates and minors.
- Organize and run the Graduation Convocation ceremonies.